Friday, March 11, 2011

Lesson for Teachers

This morning Kaitlin and I walked into our field classroom and our host teacher seemed really upset. We talked to her about it and she said she had a rough morning at home. She told us, "regardless of how bad my morning was, I still have 20 students that show up to learn everyday." I love how realistic she was about the situation. I am a very emotional person and i think it is going to be a challenge for me to keep myself together in the classroom if I'm going through a crisis. Basically, my life outside of the classroom can't interfere with my teaching. I'm going to work on it. The biggest piece of advise my host teacher had was to find support in your school. Make a few close 'teacher friends' in your school that you can talk to and rely on. It might take a while to build these relationships but they will make your life so much easier.

1 comment:

  1. That's good advice from your host teacher. You might also share with your students, too, how you had a rough morning and have they ever had rough mornings, too, and how did they get through it. Talk about community-building, this sharing of common experiences and solutions to the rough-morning problem.

    ReplyDelete